<$BlogRSDURL$>
On Code
Tuesday, July 25

[ ]  viksoe.dk - OLE DB Provider for XML
viksoe.dk - OLE DB Provider for XML

(found this)
While researching how I could generate data reports for a project, I found myself needing access to XML with a regular database interface. After looking for a solution on the Internet, I found to my surprise that I had only two options:
  • Use the Simple Provider or SQLXML from Microsoft. For some reason this requires a MS SQL Server.
  • Purchase an XML ODBC Driver from Merant, which comes with a price-tag of $2,500 for a server license (who are they kidding?)
None of these options were very compelling, especially because all I needed was to retrieve a few nodes and deliver the result to a reporting utility. So after carefully planning a design, I (bjarke@viksoe.dk) wrote my own OLE DB Provider for XML.
Comments: Post a Comment